Yellow Zone Parking Ban Declared Wednesday, March 14 at 10:00 PM through 6:00 AM Thursday, March 15
A Yellow Zone Parking Ban has been declared beginning tonight at 10:00 PM Wednesday, March 14 through 6:00 AM Thursday, March 15. Vehicles left on City streets after 10:00 PM can be towed at the owner’s expense.
The Yellow Zone snow ban is used to allow crews to perform snow hauling following major snow storms. It is important to clear the narrow downtown streets.
The Yellow Zone includes the downtown district bounded by Cumberland Avenue, Franklin Street, Commercial Street, and State Street. Click here for a map of the Yellow Zone.
PARKING BAN INFORMATION
The City offers numerous free options for parking on the peninsula during a snow ban. These lots are available after 5:00 PM on weekdays on the day a ban is called unless otherwise posted. School lots and unrestricted parking areas can be accessed earlier on weekends. All vehicle owners must remove their vehicles from these designated areas listed below by 7:00 AM (except for school lots, which are 6:30 AM) the morning the ban is removed. The City may tow, at the owner's expense, any vehicle which has not been removed by the 7:00 AM deadline:
- Deering Oaks - on the Tennis Court Road only - only on the left side of the road. No parking on the right side.
- Fitzpatrick Stadium parking lot - this is the lot behind the Ice Arena. Do not park adjacent to the Ice Arena.
- Hadlock Field parking lot
- All Portland Public School parking lots except the Reiche School lot which abuts the school and playground *Must be out by 6:30 AM.
- Cutter St. lots (off the Eastern Prom)
- Beach St. lot accessible from Commercial St. after 8 p.m.
- City lot at the corner of Park and Commercial streets across the street from the
- IMT (International Marine Terminal) AKA Angelo's Acre 441 Commercial St.
- On Peaks Island, snow ban parking is available at the Welch St. parking lot
- Western Prom - Bowdoin to West Street (waterside)
- Eastern Prom - Turner to East End School property light pole 33 (waterside)
- Marginal Way - Plowman to just before the entrance area to the east End Waste Water treatment Plant (waterside) ** Please do not park on Marginal Way if there is flooding or standing water.
- Preble Street Extension Parking Lot (Across from Hannaford) - adhere to the spaces that are designated for snow ban parking.
- State Street Extension - Parking is available on State St Ext between Forest Ave & Park Ave across from the entrance to Deering Oaks Park. Left side of the road only where parking is typically available. Adhere to any no parking signs closest to Forest Ave.
Most parking garages will be available during snow bans at reduced rates.
Vehicles must be out of these alternate parking lots by 7:00 AM (unless otherwise noted) the morning the ban is lifted.
Public Works Customer Service: 207-874-8493 (24 hours during winter!)
Parking Ban Hotline: 207-879-0300
Snow Ban Info