Citywide Parking Ban Declared Thursday, January 4 at 10:00 PM through 6:00 AM Friday, January 5
A Citywide Parking Ban has been declared beginning Thursday, January 4 at 10:00 PM through 6:00 AM Friday, January 5. Vehicles left on City streets after 10:00 PM can be towed at the owner’s expense. Residents can begin leaving their cars in snow ban lots starting at 12:00 PM tomorrow, January 4.
PARKING BAN INFORMATION
The City offers numerous free options for parking on the peninsula during a snow ban. All vehicle owners must remove their vehicles from these designated areas listed below by 7:00 AM (except for school lots, which are 6:30 AM) the morning the ban is removed. The City may tow, at the owner's expense, any vehicle which has not been removed by the 7:00 AM deadline:
Most parking garages will be available during snow bans at reduced rates.Vehicles must be out of these alternate parking lots by 7:00 AM (unless otherwise noted) the morning the ban is lifted.Public Works Customer Service: 207-874-8493 (24 hours during winter!) Parking Ban Hotline: 207-879-0300Snow Ban Info
- Deering Oaks - on the Tennis Court Road only - only on the left side of the road. No parking on the right side.
- Fitzpatrick Stadium parking lot - this is the lot behind the Ice Arena. Do not park adjacent to the Ice Arena.
- Hadlock Field parking lot
- All Portland Public School parking lots except the Reiche School lot which abuts the school and playground *Must be out by 6:30 AM.
- Cutter St. lots (off the Eastern Prom)
- Beach St. lot accessible from Commercial St. after 8 p.m.
- City lot at the corner of Park and Commercial streets across the street from the
- Across the street from the IMT (International Marine Terminal) - also known as Angelo's Acre, 441 Commercial St.
- On Peaks Island, snow ban parking is available at the Welch St. parking lot
- Western Prom - Bowdoin to West Street (waterside)
- Eastern Prom - Turner to East End School property light pole 33 (waterside)
- Marginal Way - Plowman to just before the entrance area to the east End Waste Water treatment Plant (waterside) ** Please do not park on Marginal Way if there is flooding or standing water. **
- Preble Street Extension Parking Lot (Across from Hannaford) - adhere to the spaces that are designated for snow ban parking.
- State Street Extension - Parking is available on State St Ext between Forest Ave & Park Ave across from the entrance to Deering Oaks Park. Left side of the road only where parking is typically available. Adhere to any no parking signs closest to Forest Ave.