News Flash


Posted on: December 10, 2019

Important Reminder from the PD

Dial 911 to report a true emergency  such as a crime in progress, a car accident involving personal injury, a medical emergency, or a fire.  

Call the police non-emergency line at (207) 874-8575 to report a non-emergency which still requires a police response. Examples of non-emergency calls include a loud party, a non-violent crime or incident which happened in the past and the suspect is no longer at the scene (example: a car break-in discovered in the morning), a barking dog, a disabled vehicle, or a fender bender. 

Submit a police report electronically using the PD's online reporting system. Certain crimes such as theft or vandalism with no known suspect and loss/damage of less than $1,000 may be reported online by clicking on the online services tab of our website. 

Submit an Anonymous crime tip by texting GOTCHA to 274637.  This tipline is not monitored 24/7 so it should only be used to submit information regarding crimes or incidents which occurred in the past. Please do not use the Anonymous tip program to submit a tip regarding a crime in progress as the tip may not be seen until well after the incident is over. 

Report a quality of life service request which does not require an immediate police response using the City of Portland SeeClickFix App.  This app is primarily for public works and  inspections issues, however, examples of police related issues reportable on SeeClickFix are graffiti, abandoned bikes and homeless encampments. Again, this app is not monitored 24/7 so it should not be used if an immediate response is desired. 

Facebook Twitter Email