Economic Development Plan Implementation Program
Grant Applications Due No Later Than 3:00 p.m., Friday, March 30, 2018.
The Portland Economic Development Implementation Program (PEDPIP) provides non-profit organizations and City agencies with matching grants. These grants are intended to assist them with planning studies and other costs associated with executing economic development projects and programs that are contained in the current Work Plan (high priority) and the Portland Economic Development Vision and Plan (priority). PEDPIP does not fund "hard" costs for public infrastructure or private development projects.
The current Work Plan is 2018-2019. This companion piece to the Vision and Plan is updated every two years through a collaboration of the City of Portland, Portland Community Chamber of Commerce, Creative Portland, and Portland Downtown.
To support the growth of Portland’s economy through investing in projects and programs which implement the current Work Plan and the Portland Economic Development Vision and Plan.
Eligible Activities (In order of funding priority)
- Projects/Programs listed in the Current Work Plan, the companion document to the Portland Economic Development Vision and Plan;
- Projects/Programs found in the Economic Development Vision and Plan that are in the highlighted boxes, each titled “Work Plan”;
- Projects/Programs not listed in the Current Work Plan or in the highlighted boxes titled “Work Plan” in the Economic Development Vision and Plan, but are determined by the Portland Development Corporation to be related to implementation of the Economic Development Vision and Plan.
- Maximum grant request is $15,000;
- Grants must be matched by an equal or greater dollar amount from funding sources other than the Portland Development Corporation.
Not-for-profit organizations and the City of Portland that are working to implement the City of Portland’s Economic Development Vision and Plan, and Current Work Plan.
Source of PEDPIP Funds
The Portland Development Corporation utilizes up to 10% of its Unrestricted Funds for PEDPIP grants. This 10% dollar amount is set at the beginning of each fiscal year (July 1) to determine that year’s allocation for PEDPIP grants.
Application and Approval Process
Grant applications are due at 3:00 PM on the last day of September that falls on a weekday. If grant funds remain after awards are made from the September round, then grant applications will again be accepted and are due at 3:00 PM on the last day of March that falls on a weekday. Please check with the City’s Economic Development Department to learn whether grant funds will be available for the March round. The Portland Development Corporation reviews and approves all grant requests.
Submit applications to:
Economic Development Department, City Hall
389 Congress St.
Portland, ME 04101