Barrows Park

This historic park is located at the intersection of Baxter Boulevard and Vannah Ave overlooking the Back Cove. This park was dedicated in 1923 in honor of James Phinney Baxter (1831-1921) former mayor and pioneer of our park system, to commemorate his efforts in creating Baxter Boulevard. The park features a granite memorial stone erected/dedicated on Oct. 17th, 1925 by Baxter Boulevard Association to honor the former mayor. The memorial is an elliptical granite base holding a sun dial and three large stone seats. For more information on Memorials and Monuments in Portland please visit this map.