Street and Sidewalk Occupancy

Any occupancy performed within a public right of way in the City of Portland is required to obtain a Street or Sidewalk Occupancy Permit. Applications can be submitted by using the Citizen Self Service portal.

If you have any questions or concerns about your permit, please call 207-874-8822
at the Department of Public Works, Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. 
What type of permit do I need?
Permit and Violation Fees
Frequently Asked Questions