The City of Portland eCard program is available to residential property owners who participate in the City's curbside trash and recycling programs.  

Only residential property owners, currently receiving the City of Portland's curbside trash & recycling services are eligible to apply for an eCard.

eCards are processed, printed and activated each week. If you are a new homeowner or need a replacement card, please call 207-874-8801 to verify a card is on file or to order a new card prior to making a trip to the Department of Public Works at 212 Canco Road Suite B, Portland, ME 04103.

Required Documentation

When you arrive to pick up your eCard, you will need two documents:
  • A photo ID (such as a driver’s license)
  • Proof that you own your home (tax bill, a mortgage statement, closing documents or deed)
Important: The eCard allows up to 10 eligible Bulky Items to be brought to Riverside Recycling Facility at no charge to the resident.

Some items that will not be considered a "Bulky Item" on eCard or Bulky Item curbside collection programs include:
  • Any material that will fit in a 15 gallon or 30 gallon City trash bag
  • Construction, Renovation, Demolition Waste
  • Universal Waste - Microwave, White Goods (Appliances), Batteries, Fluorescent bulbs etc.
  • Commercial Waste
  • Electronics – TV’s, Computers, Printers, Stereos, DVD players, VCR’s etc. (electronics such as these are not eligible on eCard or curbside collection)
  • Car Parts and Car Batteries
  • Propane Tanks
  • Liquids of any kind (Oil & Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Can be brought to Riverside on HHW days ONLY. HHW collection at Riverside is on the 1st Saturday of each month during the months of April through November. Visit for details
Most of these items and more can be brought to Riverside Recycling Facility for a fee. Riverside's fee schedule can be found at